- Inside Facebook, the second-class workers that do the most difficult task are waging a peaceful battle, by Elizabeth Dwoskin into the Washington Post.
- It’s time and energy to split up Facebook, by Chris Hughes into the ny circumstances.
- The Trauma Floor, by Casey Newton within the Verge.
- The Impossible Job: Inside Facebook’s battle to Moderate Two Billion individuals, by Jason Koebler and Joseph Cox in Motherboard.
- The laborers whom keep cock photos and beheadings from your Facebook feed, by Adrian Chen in Wired.
Such a method, workplaces can nevertheless look gorgeous. They are able to have colorful murals and serene meditation rooms. They can offer pong that is ping and interior placing greens and miniature basketball hoops emblazoned with all the motto: “You matter. ” Nevertheless the moderators whom work with these working workplaces aren’t young ones, and so they understand if they are being condescended to. They understand company roll an oversized Connect 4 game in to the workplace, they wonder: When is this place going to get a defibrillator as it did in Tampa this spring, and?
(Cognizant failed to react to questions regarding the defibrillator. )
I really believe Chandra and their group will continue to work faithfully to boost this system because well as they possibly can. By simply making vendors like Cognizant in charge of the psychological state of the employees when it comes to time that is first and providing emotional help to moderators once they leave the organization, Facebook can enhance the total well being for contractors over the industry.
Nonetheless it stays to be seen just how much good cams? Facebook can do while continuing to keep its contractors at arms’ size. Every layer of administration between a content moderator and senior Facebook leadership offers another opportunity for one thing to get incorrect — and to get unseen by a person with the energy to alter it. 続きを読む “Facebook’s work that is dirty Ireland, by Jennifer O’Connell in TheIrish circumstances.”